The Student Scientific Society (STS) of the Department of Medical and Biological Physics, Medical Informatics and Biostatistics of Luhansk State Medical University is a voluntary organization of students, which aims to enable students to realize themselves as a young scientist and improve the professional level of students.
In the 2015-2016 academic year, the student scientific society resumed its work at the Department of Medical and Biological Physics, Medical Informatics and Biostatistics and is now actively developing. The work of SNT is headed by the head of the scientific circle of the department, a 5th year student - Rychko Konstantin. The head of the SNT is Candidate of Chemical Sciences, Associate Professor VV Goncharov.
Members of the SNT of the department regularly report on their research results at seminars, conferences and congresses, including international ones, and cover them in professional and international publications.
The Student Scientific Society carries out its activities in the following main areas:
- involvement of students in scientific work, its popularization among a wide range of student youth;
- participation of students in departmental and all-university scientific directions and programs;
- promotion of deep mastering of theoretical knowledge and practical skills with specialties of students-members of SNT;
- providing conditions for participation in the All-Ukrainian competition for the best student research work;
- providing conditions for participation in the I, II round of the All-Ukrainian Olympiad in Physics, Informatics and Mathematics;
- holding a traditional annual student scientific conference;
- publication of research materials in professional publications based on the results of SNT;
- cooperation with scientific and other organizations of other free economic zones, participation in joint projects.